We have been continually monitoring the advice of the health authorities, the Government, Sport Ireland and Triathlon Ireland with respect to
The Club Executive Committee and the Club Training Committee have been considering (at length) the updated Return to Training Protocol for Clubs issued by Triathlon Ireland.
A decision has been made to return to Club Training on limited basis to begin with.
The Executive Committee has appointed a
COVID-19 Team to meet the requirement for the Club to appoint a
COVID-19 Officer and to manage all
COVID-19-related issues in the Club:
- Cian Crosbie – 086 8365805
- Mark Kenny – 085 1744376
- Mary Sorohan – 086 3842283
- Kate Hession (Nurse) – 087 9137642
If you have any
COVID-19-related queries regarding or affecting the Club or suggestions then please contact any one of the above, who will be happy to help.
COVID-19 Team has completed a
COVID-19 Risk Assessment as is required by Triathlon Ireland. This will be maintained on an ongoing basis. The Club has also created this specific
COVID-19 page to outline the Club approach to
COVID-19 and setting out key information, including the
COVID-19 Risk Assessment (see Documents section below).
The Club Training Committee has currently approved a return to training for Open Water Swimming only. We believe that Members are well placed to undertake cycle and run training on their own or in their own organised groups for the foreseeable future. By focusing on a return to Open Water Swimming initially, we can focus on implementing all necessary safeguards for
COVID-19 and learn as we go.
Open Water Swimming – Schedule
The provisional schedule (subject to change) for Open Water Swimming is as follows:
|Thursday, 2 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Monday, 6 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Thursday, 9 July 2020 @7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Monday, 13 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Thursday, 16 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Monday, 20 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Thursday, 23 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Monday, 27 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
|Thursday, 30 July 2020 @ 7pm||Lanesboro Harbour|
Open Water Swimming – Advance Session Information
The Training Committee will issue advance information for each Open Water Swimming Session, including details of:
- Session Leader
- Date / Time
- Ability Level
- Session Structure
- Session Rules
- Safety Requirements / Arrangements
NOTE: Members will not be required to sign in to the Session as was the case pre-
COVID-19. Attendance will be monitored using the Online Questionnaire to be completed by Members in advance of the session.
Member Contact Information
The Club relies on the Member records maintained by Triathlon Ireland (based on information provided by Members when signing up). The need for up-to-date information for each Member is essential in the event of the Club needing to undertake or assist the HSE / Public Health in a contact tracing exercise that involves Members who have participated in a Club Session.
We have confirmed with Triathlon Ireland that there is currently no prescribed or recommended Contact Tracing Protocol. The Club will, therefore, be guided by HSE / Public Health if a situation arises where the Club is required to assist in contact tracing in respect of a Club Session.
Online Questionnaire / Declaration
The Return to Training Protocol for Clubs issued by Triathlon Ireland requires each Member to complete an online questionnaire in advance of each Club Session. This will effectively require you to make the following declarations:
- I am not currently diagnosed with nor do I believe that I may have
- I have not had any of these symptoms of
COVID-19in the past 14 days:
- High temperature (fever).
- A new continuous cough.
- New unexplained shortness of breath.
- I have not been in contact with a
COVID-19confirmed or suspect case in the previous 14 days.
- I have not provided direct care for
COVID-19patients in the past 14 days.
- I have not visited or stayed in a closed environment with anyone with
COVID-19in the past 14 days.
- I have not travelled together with any
COVID-19patient in any kind of conveyance in the past 14 days.
- I have not arrived in Ireland from another country in the last 14 days (this includes Irish citizens travelling home).
You MUST complete this to protect yourself, other Members and the Club. We ask that you complete this at least 2 hours before the scheduled time for the session.
By your attending and participating in a Club Session, you will be taken to have completed the Online Questionnaire and acted accordingly. The link to the questionnaire will be issued to you in advance of the session.
Open Water Swimming – Risk Assessments / EAPs
The Training Committee has completed a new Risk Assessment for Lanesboro Harbour – you are encouraged to review this. Club Open Water Swim Sessions will be run in a safe and controlled way so that the risks identified by the Club can be removed or at least mitigated to the best extent possible.
The Training Committee has also updated the Emergency Action Plan for Club Open Water Swim Sessions in Lanesboro Harbour, which also reflects new
COVID-19 requirements. Any incidents at a Club Open Water Swim Session will be managed in accordance with this Emergency Action Plan.
Both documents available on the website’s Documents page and also below.
Open Water Swimming – Safety Rules
Open water swimming guidelines are available on our Safety page. Please take a moment to read through and become familiar with them. If there is anything that you don’t understand, or isn’t clear, just ask!
If you have any specific concerns regarding the Club approach then you can contact the Club Executive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individuals must take responsibility for their own health when deciding to train with others.
- If a Club Member has recovered from
COVID-19they should seek medical advice prior to engaging in high intensity training.
- Club Members should confirm that they have not had any symptoms (high temperature or fever, a new continuous cough or new unexplained shortness of breath) related to
COVID-19in the 14 days immediately prior, that they have not been in contact with an infected person or potentially infected person in the 14 days immediately prior and that they are well enough to take part in the session. Members to complete
COVID-19Questionnaire / Declaration.
- If Club Members feel unwell at all they MUST stay at home. If individuals become unwell during a session they may be putting other Club Members who need to assist them at risk.
- Club Members must have protocol in place to get themselves home safely if they feel unwell during a session that does not put others at risk, i.e. not on public transport and not transported by someone in a higher risk group.
- If Club Members feel unwell after a session they should contact their GP and should not attend the next session.
- If there are Club Members who are cocooning or in a vulnerable group with an underlying condition they must not attend group sessions.
- Club Members must not travel outside of the distance restrictions in the Government guidelines to attend a session.
- Club Members should avoid touching their face during sessions.
- Club Members should not eat after the session until they have washed their hands.
- All Club Members should practice appropriate respiratory and hand hygiene/sanitation techniques, bringing their own individual hand sanitisers or single-use disposable wipes.
- Club Members should sanitise their hands before leaving home prior to each session.
- Club Members should arrive changed and ready for the session.
- Club Members must not share food or water bottles.
- Handshakes and hugging are not consistent with the social distancing required and must be actively avoided.
- Club Members must not travel to and from sessions with other Members who are not from the same household.