LTC welcomes all new members, from complete beginners to professional athletes and everyone in between. We are committed to the development and maintenance of a strong and enthusiastic membership.
Benefits of joining Lanesboro Triathlon Club:
- Access to quality coaching.
- Organised weekly swim, bike and run training sessions.
- Access to Club-branded gear.
- Club social events: Spring training camps, Club quiz night, summer BBQ and Christmas gathering.
- The right and privilege to represent Lanesboro Triathlon Club!
- The chance to meet new friends!
- The opportunity to discover the Triathlete (and also possibly IRONMAN) within.
Club Membership Fee
Lanesboro Triathlon Club is affiliated to Triathlon Ireland and to join the Club, you also need to join Triathlon Ireland. Membership runs for 12 months from 1 January to 31 December and is regulated by the Club Constitution and such other guidelines implemented by the Club from time to time.
The Club membership fees are as shown below:
|Adult (over 23)||€75|
|Young Adults (18-23)||€50|
|Junior (up to 18)||€20|
Triathlon Ireland Membership Fee
In addition to the Club membership fee, a Triathlon Ireland licence which is required for insurance purposes. Fees are set by Triathlon Ireland directly and are subject to change from year to year. There are a number of options when it comes to TI membership. The option you choose will depend on age and the number of races you expect to enter and there are further options that provide joint membership with Swim Ireland.
For adults, the two main options are a Race Licence or a Training Licence:
- The Race Licence is for those who intend to race. It provides personal accident cover, insurance for training with a Club and to take part in as many Triathlon Ireland sanctioned events as you wish to enter, without paying a one day licence fee. Additional benefits include a €20 voucher for Cycle Superstore and discounts at a variety of other stores. See TI’s Member Discounts page for more details.
- The Training Licence is suitable for those who will be training with a Club but do not intend to race. If you then wish to enter a race, you will need to purchase an additional one day licence.
A one day licence costs €25 for a triathlon or €15 for aquathon, duathlon, aquabike and try-a-tri. If you enter two or more races, the Race Licence is better value. See Triathlon Ireland for more details.
The TI fee is slightly cheaper when joining a Club at the same time – for anyone joining Lanesboro Triathlon Club, the first column applies:
|Membership Type||Club Member||Non-Club Member|
|Joint TI Race Licence & SI Special Membership||€91||€105|
|U23 Joint TI Race Licence & SI Special Membership||€50||€55|
|Junior Licence (16-19)||€25||€30|
|Youth Licence (15-17)||€15||€20|
|Kid’s Licence (0-14)||€12||€15|
For more details on the different options, see the TI’s Become A Member page.
Sign Me Up!
If you are an existing Triathlon Ireland member, then you can login to your Triathlon Ireland account, select the option to renew your membership and choose the option to join Lanesboro Triathlon Club.
If you are not an existing Triathlon Ireland member, then you should visit the Become A Member page on the Triathlon Ireland website. As part of your completing the membership section for Triathlon Ireland, you can select the option to join Lanesboro Triathlon Club.
In the case of Junior Membership, a parent must first become a site-user (free) on the Triathlon Ireland website in order to setup a junior account under their adult account.
We all love a good challenge, right?! We are committed to building our Membership in the Club. We are therefore challenging each existing Club member introduce one new member (signed, sealed and delivered) to the Club for the 2019. You’ve got this!